The Kelley Living Learning Center, or KLLC for short. No, we’re not all business nerds (at least not completely). The KLLC is located on the north side of McNutt, it’s nine floors of business minded, but not necessarily business major, freshman.
So what’s so cool about it?
- Nine floors (expanding to 11) of 24/7 key access = Nine floors of potential new friends, where in normal dorms you only have access to one floor.
- A one credit business course per semester (easy A’s).
- Business prerequisite classes are often located in McNutt! This means less trekking across campus!
- Networking opportunities with companies and business professionals that would be unavailable to freshman otherwise.
I’ve made my best friends by living in the KLLC. There’s nothing like being surrounded by like-minded, driven people, but at the same time, the KLLC embraces diversity. Our residents come from not only all over the country, but all over the world. We’re of different races, different religions, and different sexual orientations. Diversity is key in the KLLC, Kelley and IU!
Kelley gives you incredible resources and support academically, and the KLLC is an extension of that! You can join the KLLC Leadership Board, which is working alongside the directors and faculty to implement changes and host events. Events this year have included the Holly & Ivy dinner with fancy non-dorm food, Floor Games which is like floor vs. floor Olympics, CultureFest which is an event celebrating the diversity of the KLLC and a midterms de-stress event with pancakes and video games. Throughout the year there are corporate sponsored events like the KLLC Orientation Kickoff BBQ and the CFO Roundtable. These events allow for you to meet and chat with the CFOs of companies like Whirlpool and Kohl’s.
Other really cool benefits?
- KLLC has exclusive tutoring for the business prerequisites.
- Residential Fellows: professors that hang out with your floor and help make you make a smooth transition.
- Optional trips to Chicago and Atlanta where we tour places like PricewaterhouseCoopers, Coca-Cola and CNN!
If the KLLC sounds like your kind of place: APPLY!!! The best decision I’ve made so far was choosing IU. The second best decision? Living in the Kelley Living Learning Center.
If the KLLC doesn’t sound like your kind of place: IT’S OKAY! There are so many other options!
Anywhere you end up living your freshman year, you’re going to have a great time because: WE ARE IU ~ GO HOOSIERS!