Hi Everyone! My name is Shelby Perkins and I'm thrilled to be a student blogger for WeAreIU.
In 2 weeks, I can officially call myself a freshman at IU and, of course, I can't wait!
Now, I've never been a huge fan of anything. While my siblings cheer on the White Sox, Blackhawks, and Bulls religiously, I'm content to ask at the end of the game, "Did we win?"
However, EVERYTHING changed the day I committed to being a Hoosier.
1. I began wearing my IU scarf anywhere and everywhere
2. Immediately got a sticker for the family car.
3. Started Instagramming everything IU.
4. Of course had to research all of the local restaurants. 4th street, anyone??
5. Took some fun pics ;) (Hi Geneva!)
6. Started watching all of the IU basketball games!
7. And finally, started following all the great IU social media!
It's kind of scary...the person you become when you're psyched about your new college.
I know IU will change me in the next four years...obviously, it already has!
Talk to you soon! Can't wait to update you on the happenings of Move-in day and Welcome Week!