One of the things I miss most about Bloomington this summer is its unique cuisine scene! I am a vegetarian, and Bloomington has an amazing selection for vegetarians and vegans alike.
As you explore Btown this summer and in the coming year, check out my top 10 picks for veggie eateries (in no particular order).
1) Anatolia- Ethnic food is probably one of the best options for vegetarians! Anatolia has the best humus in town, delicious soups, and pides with toppings like eggplant and spinach.
2) The Runcible Spoon- The Spoon hosts a wide selection of coffee and specialty drinks and a delectable black bean burger and black bean soup!
3) Laughing Planet- I've never had a better quesadilla!
4) The Village Deli- Beacause it's always the right time for breakfast!
5) Amol India/Taste of India- Samosas and naan make the perfect pairing-- veggie curry and veggie rice dishes are also winners!
6) Mother Bear's- I recommend Spinoccoli or the Big Cheese with some strawberry lemonade!
7) Bloomington Bagel Co- Who else has pumpkin bagels and pumpkin schmear in the fall?
8) Bloomington Sandwich Co- Home to a scrumptious Veggie Sandwich with olive spread and cool Italian ice.
9) Union Street C Store- From organics to fresh fruit to paninis, this place has it all.
10) Collins- Lunch and dinner most days of the week with plentiful veggie and Vegan options, Sunday brunch, homemade dessert...and it's all you can eat!!
Now all that's left is to venture out and eat!
Maybe you'll create a top ten list of your own!