So, tomorrow is Monday. I know what you're thinking. Mondays. Ughhh.
Stop, stop, stop. Tell me, why can't Mondays be as super cool as Fridays and Saturdays? Let's think positively now. Here are a few quick suggestions to make Mondays the best day ever--
1) Be a kid. Have you seen Phineas and Ferb? Phineas and Ferb use their imaginations. Why did we stop doing that? Make Monday a day to still be a kid amidst a world of adult stress and grown up problems, even if only for an hour. Color. Go for a bike ride (have you seen Bloomington's awesome B-line trail?! and well...Bloomington in general?!). Watch the clouds. Eat some really messy pizza. Watch cartoons. Get creative!
2) Treat yourself. Make Monday the day you get to buy yourself lunch. Go out on a date with a really good book and a Blonde Mocha at the Runcible Spoon (this is not a shameless plug...I LOVE that place...). Sleep in. Wear the outfit that makes you feel awesome. Move some of that pesky studying to Tuesday. Watch your favorite movie for the 100th time. Indulge a little.
3) Pay attention to your hobby. Did you play soccer in high school? Not anymore? Make Monday your day for a pick-up game. Like to take photos? Write? Listen to music? Go find a new spot to photograph. Allow a half hour for some inspirational rhymes. Dig up some new songs. Better yet, explore that hobby you've always wanted to start. Learn another language. Play an instrument. Start up that rock collection. Pick whatever floats your boat. Hobby=happy.
4) Go outside. Seriously, just look around. You've got endless possibilities in a city and campus that boasts some mighty fine scenery. Bonus: You can walk almost everywhere.
5) Take a nap, a really, really long nap with your best pajamas and some smooth jazz.
So, what're you going to do this upcoming Monday? Make it a good one and the rest of the week will follow in suit.
You go, Monday.
Until we meet again,
Kaylee, lover of Mondays