People often ask me how I stay so positive. The best advice I can give you is this--
There's no use in worrying about all of the things you can't change, but if you have a shot to change things, do it.
Life is about living, not waiting for someone else to live for you. If you can wake up and go to bed each day with a smile on your face, that my friends, is a great accomplishment.
While it's not possible to change your whole outlook after reading one blog post, it is possible to change your outlook on life with time. Here I share my 10 not-so-secret secrets to seeing a half full glass even on the rainiest, heartaching-est, worst hair day days of them all.
1) Live simply-- Declutter your life. Don't get caught up in material possessions. It's not about what you own, and worrying about keeping up with the latest technology or fashion trends means you'll end up spending valuable time and money stressing out. I gave away half of my wardrobe when I left school last year, stopped wearing makeup, and ceased to care if my hair was straight enough for the masses-- I've never felt freer.
2) Stop gossiping so much-- Why do you need to gossip? If you don't judge other peoples' lives, you'll stop comparing them to your own, and consequenttly, you'll feel ten times better.
3) Always look forward to something-- This way it's easier to power through the tough parts of the week.
4) Define your goals-- Having a plan gives you a way to accurately measure success and progress, which will make you feel great with each new accomplishment!
5) Don’t hold back your opinions-- Getting things off your chest, fighting for a cause you believe in, and having people listen you your beliefs are important parts of developing yourself as a person.
6) Let people get close to you and vicer versa-- It's more rewarding than keeping people away, even if it results in the ocassional loss-- it's better to have known love and companionship, even if it doesn't work out in end, than to have written someone off from the beginning. And you never know--- by opening up, you may meet your best friend or your soulmate.
7) Scare yourself sometimes-- Do something outside of your comfrot zone and realize that you are indeed capable of doing it!
8) Ask for help-- No one is too good for help.
9) Learn how to laugh it off-- Haters are going to hate. That's why you're not friends with those people. Surround yourself with peole who can laugh the small stuff off with you.
10) Just do you-- No explanation needed.
While you're practicing these strategies to improve your mood, here is something that will improve it instantly-- this is my dog when he was a puppy (and yes, he's still this cute a year later). Also, go outside! Instant mood improvers right there-- nature and puppies.
Peace to all of you,