Welcome Week is going to be awesome-- no classes, no class work, and plenty of time to meet new people! But the awesome doesn't stop there-- you're going to IU! It's always awesome! Once you've settled into your college life a bit, make sure to start the year off on a good note by preparing yourself for the fall semester and setting a path for the future.
Here are my reccomendations for the must-dos after move-in---
1) BEFORE CLASSES START: FIND THE BUILDINGS AND ROOMS OF YOUR CLASSES
2) Talk to an advisor and set up a long term plan for your college career-- what classes do you need to take and when? Sure, it'll change, but it's good to have a framework.
3) If you're not already admitted to a school, go and visit with the different schools you’re interested in and make sure you know when/how to apply to them.
4) Find a student group to get involved with and gain valuable leadership experience while making new friends.
5) Learn how to use the library-- research papers are common; the library offers great in-person and online services
6) Navigate the IMU-- find great places to eat, study, and hang out
7) Walk around all of IU, the Kirkwood area, and the Square
8) Figure out the IU and major Bloomington bus routes
9) Learn IU abbreviations (and nicknames)--
Here are a few to start you off--
Most of all, enjoy the fall at beautiful Indiana University!
That's all, folks!