Hello fellow Hoosiers, past, present, and future! My name is Leila Palizi and I am a junior at IU. In order to keep things as concise and interesting as possible (which is unlikely, given that I like to write a lot), I present to you this list of essential facts about me and my time at IU so far:
1) I am addicted to the Internet. Facebook, Twitter, StumbleUpon, Pinterest... the list goes on and on. The internet is by far my biggest vice when it comes to procrastination. If I could major in Facebook with a minor in Twitter, I'd be getting straight A's.
2) I am from sunny southern California, where I spent the duration of my young life before fleeing the beaches and crowded freeways for Indiana. While I am ever loyal to my home state, I daresay that the Midwest has its pluses. These include, but are not limited to, people actually holding doors open for you, four seasons (I could do without extreme winters, however), and of course, Steak N Shake.
3) So far during my time at IU I have been involved with IU Student Television, the Public Relations Student Society of America, HerCampusIU, The Odyssey (a newspaper just for Greeks), and I have also worked at the IU Admissions Office. I have truly learned SO MUCH from all of these organizations and highly reccomend them to any students seeking opportunities in journalism, broadcast news, writing, or PR.
4) I am in a sorority, Alpha Delta Pi, and love all of my amazing sisters to death. I truly believe that going through sorority recruitment was one of the best decisions I have made throughout college so far. Through my sorority, I have made a plethora of friends, expanded my social circle, networked for jobs/internships, given back to the community, and made some seriously AMAZING memories at IU. If you're wondering what I look like, I am the tallest girl in the photo below (yes, I am a giant):
5) I am a journalism major and a marketing minor. I'm not exactly sure what I want to do with the rest of my life just yet, but I do hope to ultimately be happy, healthy, and doing what I love. And the awesome thing about IU isthat I have gotten so many opportunities, whether it be through class or student organizations, to explore the multitide of things I CAN do with my major and education.
6) Some of my FAVORITE Bloomington landmarks include the Old Crescent part of campus, Kirkwood Ave, and the south side of campus bordering 3rd Street. My favorite eateries are Uptown Cafe for those times when you want some more sophisticated dining, Wings Xtreme for late night munchies, Red Mango for frozen yogurt, and Mother Bear's not only their pizza, but also for their DELICIOUS breadsticks.
7) My fondest IU memories include tailgating before every home football game, going to Steak N Shake at 3 am for late night study fuel, insane and unpredictable weekends with my sisters, staying up all night laughing with my non-Greek best friends reading Cosmo and watching YouTube videos of terrible singers, impromptu road trips to St. Louis and Indy, cheering on my sorority at the Little 500 race, getting caught in the middle of unpredictable thunderstorms during springtime and dancing in the rain, running into IU basketball players at frat parties and seeing that I'm taller than some of them in my heels, having snowball fights during winter, and SO SO many more. That doesn't even begin to cover the tip of the iceberg.
If you want, feel free to add me on any of the following social media platforms! And if you ever have any questions about IU/college life, don't hesistate to ask. I always love to help out :)