When the Going Gets ToughAlexandria Lopez
This has been my most difficult year thus far, but I'm trying to remain positive. I want to take time to highlight some of my achievements and accomplishments from my junior year so far.
- Moving out on my own! - Yes, leaving Teter was hard. But I had to put on my big girl pants and leave campus.
- Getting a job - I transferred to the Texas Roadhouse here and I've met some great people since I moved to this location.
- Getting involved - I know I don't post on here very often but I'm a part of 4 other organizations (Multicultural Outreach Recruitment Educators, Raising Awareness of Interactions in Sexual Encounters, National Association of Black Journalists and the National Association of Hispanic Journalists)
- Being a part of the founding class of the National Association of Hispanic Journalists! - This year NAHJ made its debut to IU's campus and I was a part of it! I am not the Communications Director on top of everything thing else that I do, but its for a great reason/cause.
- I was 1 of 12 people accepted to study abroad this summer May/June in Kenya! I'll be taking a course for reporting on HIV/AIDS.
- Recruiting - As a student ambassador for MORE I get to talk to prospective students and their families and it is really rewarding to be able to say you are part of the reason they chose IU.
- I was randomly chosen to have lunch with the dean of students later this month.
- The semester is not done so of course there will be more achievements to come!
I'm proud of myself for not completely losing it (yet!) Like I said this has been a really tough year so far but I'm trying to make the most of it! If time and money weren't the root of all evil I would most certainly have a better grip on things lol. But for now I just have to roll with the punches. I hope you are all having a great semester. Whenever you're down I hope you reach out to someone else because chances are they are putting up with some of the same battles that you are facing.
For more related content: