IU Sorority Recruitment Survival GuideEmma Tiernon
Sorority Recruitment is almost here and I have the tips and tricks to help you survive a rough (and cold) 2 weeks!
In your Purse:
- Chapstick: All day you are talking and walking around outside - making for some dry lips, pack whatever lip balm you use to keep those babies shiny and moisturized!
- Tissues: For whatever you need it for - a lipstick dab, runny nose, runny eyes, or when you stab yourself with mascara, make sure you use the softest tissues for your every use!
- Cell Charger: Sometimes you have dead time between rounds to talk to your Rho Gamma, mom, boyfriend, bestfriend, whoever! But you want to make sure your phone is charged and ready to go, try a portable cell charger to get you through the day! Try this one.
- Tech Gloves: Pretty self explanatory-- you don't want to have to keep removing your gloves to text/use your phone, try using some smartphone friendly gloves instead! I have these, comfy & cute!
- Advil: Or asprin, or aleve, or your pain reliever of your choice. From headaches to achy feet, you want to be on your A-game all day!
- Water: If I could date my Camelback I would. I bring it everywhere with me and I'll make sure to have it handy in between rounds too! Talking and moving all day can exhaust you--plus most houses serve super sugary drinks so the dehydration is real. If your purse isn't big enough, try those camp size water bottles Mom would pack for you!
- Mints: Read MINTS..NOT gum. Gum can get stuck in your teeth, you can forget about it, and it doesn't really fix anything stanky. Mints are easy to crush, stay off your teeth, and leave you feeling extra fresh.
- Hand Warmers: Hey, it can get pretty freaking cold--better safe than sorry!
- Misc: Safety pins, q-tips, feminine products, Midol, small comb, foundation powder
I have to say, these were the things that I found I was lacking or were the most useful during my experience. Even if you don't think you'll need some of these things, pack em' anyways and help another girl out! She could be a future sister!
In your Head:
Here are some more articles that might be helpful as you prepare for sorority rush.