McNutt Dorm Review - Indiana UniversityKatie Merkhofer
It has been a while since my Freshman year at IU, but the memories of living in a dorm room seem like just yesterday.
Coming to school I decided to live with an acquaintance from my high school in the Northwest neighborhood. We ended up in McNutt Dejoya room 117!
We had heard mixed things about it being a party neighboorhood, that there were a lot of business students and athletes there, and that everyone was very friendly in that area. I'm here to tell you that it is all true.
There are pros and cons of McNutt, however it is up to you to decide what is a pro and what is a con, but I will give you my opinion too.
- It is a party dorm
- You can still and enjoy it not be a partier
- Often it is loud when you are trying to study, but sometimes you are the ones being loud and having fun
- A lot of people are in the business school
- Your opinion may depend on what school you are in
- While trying to get into the business school it was helpful to be nearby and have people to do homework with
- People are friendly
- (most people)
- The girls on my floor are still some of my best friends at IU
- There are co-ed and non co-ed floors
- Again, it is dependent on where you want to live
- Originally I thought living on an all girls floor would be a bad thing, but it ended up being an amazing floor.
- Co-ed floors are much louder (unless girls are screaming)
Those are girls on my floor! All of them I still am in contact with!
- The laundry is only in certain buildings
- Sometimes you get lucky
- In my case, it was not in my building so it was often a pain to drag it across the way (especially in the snow)
- There is AC
- This is 100% a positive thing
- There is not a lot of space
- Bunking your beds is key
- I found that McNutt is more spacious than other buildings so I got used to it for a year and it was not bad at all
- There is a C-store
- It was nice not to walk, but dangerous that food was so easy to get to at all times
That about covers the basics. Overall I had a great time and wouldn't change my experience!!
If you are coming to Indiana University this year and have any more specific questions about McNutt or any concerns about freshman year feel free to email me at email@example.com, I would love to hear from you!