February 17th is Random Act of Kindness Day, and what better place to participate in kindness than B-Town? There are so many opportunities to carry out kind acts around campus, but in case you need some ideas, here's a list of 20 things an IU student could do on this day. Have your own to add? Let us know!
1. Leave a note of appreciation on your neighbor's or RA's door.
2. Pay for the coffee or breakfast of the person behind you in line.
Javier Molina, Unsplash
3. Park your car farther away from your destination so that someone else can have the closer spot.
4. Hold the door open for anyone walking near you.5. Move towards the center of your lecture hall so someone else can have the end seat.
6. Strike up conversation with a stranger.
Alexis Brown, Unsplash
7. Place sticky notes with kind or motivational words in the bathroom or around campus.
8. Buy Baked! cookies and hand them out.
9. If you see someone sitting alone in a dining hall, sit with them and get to know them.
10. If you see litter around campus, pick it up and throw it away.
11. Offer up your table at the library to someone looking for a space to work.
12. Donate time, talent, or treasure to a local charity.
13. Instead of complaining about school or work, list the things that you enjoy about them.
14. Post a kind message on social media.
15. Write a nice letter to someone.
16. If you have a car, offer to drive a friend back to their residence hall, apartment, or house.
17. Offer to pay for someone's laundry.
18. Engage in conversation with IU employees such as maintenance or RPS workers.
19. Clean the equipment you use at the gym, and clean up after someone who forgets.
20. Take the time to call a family member you haven't talked to in a while.
I'm Priscilla, Unsplash
Your act of kindness may seem small, but it could cheer someone up or make their day special, so get out there and be kind!
Related We Are IU Blogs: