Why I Love IUBrittany Tempest
Hello! Again, my name is Brittany and I'm a senior pursuing a BA in Music Journalism through the Individualized Major Program. I'm from a very small town about an hour east of Bloomington. As most of you know and freshmen will learn, there is a lot to love about IU. So here are some of my favorite things about my time here!
- At IU, I'm involved in Marching Hundred and Big Red Basketball band. With band, I have marched at the 2012 Super Bowl and went with the team and sat court side at the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament in both Portland and Atlanta.
- This year I'm looking forward to completing my degree program (which is super exciting) and staying involved and busy! Along with my campus activities, I am the Marketing Team Leader for Pizza X! So keep an eye out for me passing out condoms or driving in the van!
- I have taken almost all of the Rock History classes! They are the greatest! Take any of them if you get a chance, but be careful-- they aren't as easy as students tend to think!
- I'm currently trying body-weight workouts and have taken up running again. I'm hoping to buy a yoga pass from the SRSC this semester so I can go when I have gaps in classes. I'm also trying to eat clean, so look for updates on how to eat clean with a hectic college schedule.
- I've been dating my current boyfriend for nine months! I met him when my sorority paired with his fraternity for their haunted house philanthropy. I was an actor in the haunted house and played "a girl in chains" chained to a wall. He was the "boy in chains" beside me.
- From August 2011 through January 2012, I helped to complete Theta Phi Alpha's national requirements to reinstate the Zeta Chapter of Theta Phi Alpha. I am currently (until Bid Night 2013) Co-Pledge Sister Educator. I'm so proud of how far we've come. We're sitting at nearly 120 sisters strong! I'm also involved in a service fraternity called Kappa Kappa Psi.
- To wrap it up, favorite thing about IU has been all of the crazy experiences I've had here! I had a less than great roommate, moved into an upperclassmen dorm as a freshman, marched halftime at a Colts game (twice!), marched at the Super Bowl, went to DC with the football team, witnessed (from row 5 court side) the resurrection of IU basketball, was trampled when we stormed the court at the Kentucky game, watched (court side) our battles at the NCAA tourney, helped reinstate a sorority, passed out condoms (and was paid to do so!) and I've driven a van with speakers blaring music so loud I couldn't hear my coworkers when they were right beside me, and I'm still not finished here! I can't wait to share my experiences and advice to anyone who wants it!