We’re changing how the IT Training Certificate Series works. Keep reading to learn more.
The first thing you need to know is that you can no longer sign-up for an IT Training Certificate. That doesn’t mean the series is going away; it’s just moving to a new format. In Fall 2017, content from our workshop-based Certificate Series will be available in Canvas courses. When you’ve completed all requirements in the Canvas format, your certificate will be issued.
If you’ve already started work on a certificate, you can register for the appropriate workshops that are offered this summer, or take them as Canvas course modules in the fall. So while the delivery method of the series is changing, the content and benefits are the same. As a reminder, here are some facts about the IT Training Certificate Series:
- Earning a certificate from IT Training is a great way to enhance your skills in areas like Microsoft Office, web development, and creating graphics.
- You’ll take a series of related IT Training workshops designed to build your skills in applications or topics in a comprehensive way.
- After you’ve attended all of the workshops in a series (within a one-year period), you’ll earn your certificate.
- In the new format, you’ll be able to “test out” of topics you’re already familiar with.
- At the end of the Canvas-based training, you’ll take a quiz before receiving your certificate.